The USIS Texas is a battlecruiser of the USIF. Its colossal girth is able to house numerous Sky Cranes, which ferry members of the 8th Armored Infantry Division towards the battlefield. Its armaments are unknown, although it is presumed that they are at the titanic level of leveling many cities at once.
The commanding officer of the 8th Armored Infantry Division, General Stone, is known to use this cruiser as a command center on occasion.
The USIS Texas participated in the Outer Rim War, where it is shown taking evasive action from a surprise attack by planetary guns on planet New Madrid, which had been captured by the rebel group Arm of Orion. It is then shown acknowledging General Stone's order for US Imperial Navy ships to hold low orbit over the planet and provide suppressive fire to draw the fire of enemy planetary guns away from the deploying Sky Crane dropships. The USIS Texas then used its own Sky Cranes to deploy the elite 1st Recon Platoon, which helped turn the turn the tide of battle and eventually allowed USIF forces to liberate New Madrid.
The USIS Texas continued to remain the command ship for 1st Recon and presumably all of the 8th Armored Infantry Division, deploying 8th Armored and 1st Recon troops and providing support as needed. It continued with this role all the way to the climactic USIF victory on Atlas, which signaled the downfall of the Arm of Orion and an end to the Outer Rim War.
- It is likely that the name 'Texas' is a reference to the home state of TimeGate Studios, the developers of Section 8, who are based in Sugarland, Texas.
- Four ships of the United States Navy have also borne (and the fourth being a nuclear submarine) the name USS Texas, in honor of the State of Texas.
- The first, Texas, was the US Navy's first battleship, which served from 1895 until 1911.
- The second, Texas (BB-35), is a dreadnought that served in both World Wars. This one is found in San Jacinto Battleground, Houston, near TimeGate's HQ.
- The third, Texas (CGN-39), was the second nuclear guided missile cruiser.
- The fourth, Texas (SSN-775), was commissioned on 9 September 2006 and is the second Virginia-class nuclear attack submarine.